Topic

West Rim Trail – PA Grand Canyon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips West Rim Trail – PA Grand Canyon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

I'm thinking about going on an overnight on May 14-15 to the West Rim Trail of the Pine Creek Gorge ("Grand Canyon of PA"). It's 26 miles long, with fantastic views.

I'm fairly a newbie, and trying to be UL, and I'd like to see if someone wants to accompany me. Someone I can "apprentice", sort of.

Thanks.

J

Kevin Vandergrift
    Spectator

@krazyvan

Wow..great hike. Wish I could make it with you. I have gone North to South and vice versa. I would recommend going North. Pine Creek Outfitters will supply a shuttle if needed..ask for Chuck, he's a great guy who will help in any way. Good luck and enjoy. Maybe we can meet up for a fall hike of the trail…it is awesome when the leaves change.

John Baird

@jbaird

Locale: Deleware Watergap A_T

Joe and Kevin: This sounds like something I'd also like. If you guys plan this in the fall count me in as well. I'll be 59 by that time and may be too old or slow to do it in one overnight, but I'm interested if you guys are.

JB

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

Locale: philadelphia PA

i like to go but mondays are bad for me .i live in philly and hike with my dog . i'm new to backpacking and ultra light also . but if your look for someone to suffer through the learning curve with, let me know .i'm off thursday and friday (some saturdays)i try to save saturday to be with my wife and son.i'm heading out next saturday to the AT (allentown area )for an overnighter.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

It looks like house chores took over and forced me to postpone the trip. That and the fact that my wife (and all the other mothers at work) don't want me heading out to do 20+ miles all alone.

We may be looking for a fall trip. I think that I can swing a Thu/Fri (Brian), but we'll try for when the temperatures aren't sweltering. Looks like we may have our group (just by pure responses that I've gotten.

I'll keep you all posted.

Joe

christopher witter
    BPL Member

@cwitter

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I live in the Philly area and I have off every other Friday. I prefer the cooler/colder weather. Keep me in mind when you are looking to set this up.

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

Locale: philadelphia PA

i'm going this saturday for an overnighter to the leroy smith shelter or the eagles nest. 4 to 6 mile hike. need to leave early sunday though .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools