Topic

White Mountains spring clothing and gear advice needed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning White Mountains spring clothing and gear advice needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mo Rodopsky
    BPL Member

@rhodopean

I am planning a multi-day hike in the White Mountains,NH in the middle of May. I would like to hear your opinion on clothing and some gear you consider necessary for this area at that time of the year. I can't decide on the insulation layers. Would a DAS parka be an overkill? Would a Nano puff + a fleece vest be enough ? Should I go with regular nylon hiking pants or softshell pants are a better choice?

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

It will depend on the immediate weather and where you are going. Likely the Nano and vest will be fine. Nylon pants will be fine. you will be in the dead middle of bug season and likely have some mud too with all of this snow. Hell microspikes may even be a good idea if the monorails stick around.. you figure middle of may is only 8 weeks.. they just got another 12"+ in the mountains this week.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools