Topic

A simple and free fix to an annoyance of the Vivobarefoot Breatho Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) A simple and free fix to an annoyance of the Vivobarefoot Breatho Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I like wearing them without the insoles but my feet get mighty cold in these cooler months without. The insoles started slipping backwards and creeping up the back of my heal after a while though. Got to the point where the rear most part of the insole nearly reached the top of the shoe….after only one block. Made an otherwise perfect feeling shoe for me not so comfy.

Over time the insoles expanded somehow, grew additional curvatures, and wouldn't fit the shoe worth beans. My fix was to flatten and shrink them with a heat gun. Worked perfect! The insoles fit the shoes again and stay put.

If anyone tries this, be careful. The shrinkage doesn't happen for a while and then it happens very suddenly. Hold the gun a good 10" from the insole.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools