Topic

Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

Had a fantastic trip in the canyons last weekend, and the first with rafts. More here: http://outlivingblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/dirty-devil-hikeraftljhg

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Awesome. Seriously.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

What Ike said.

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Awesome. Looks like a ton of fun and some amazing scenery.

This TR doesn't help my internal struggle to hold off on getting a packraft…

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Good stuff Brendan.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Great trip report… thank you!

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Great route.

Packrafts change the crap portions of loops into the best parts. Gotta love it.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

Warning: These images may cause a productivity hit if you view them at work. I'll save this one for tea time tonight with the wife. Thank you Brendan.

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Thanks all.

You're totally right Dave, the DD sucks to hike but the rafts made it a highlight.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Neat trip and enjoyed the photos. I'm noticing both long pants and shorts. Did the temps vary and did you feel cold in the water?

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

We had a pretty warm weekend; highs around 70 and lows around mid to high 30s. I usually wear running shorts under some lightweight pants (patagonia sol patrol) that I typically just wear in the morning and evening. Just wore shorts in the boats. Late afternoon in the shadows was a little chilly, especially when it got breezy, but not bad. If it had been more typical March temps we would have probably been uncomfortable, but in that case I'd like to think we would have been smart enough to at least bring some rain gear to be sitting in water all day. I'll probably try to rig up some sil decks for cooler trips at some point.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools