Topic

Imogene-UL3 specs per customer rep

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Imogene-UL3 specs per customer rep

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Greetings,

I'm interested in the Golite Imogene UL3 as a possible shelter for when I'm hiking with my two kids; I’m considering a JMT hike with them next summer. Just did a live chat with a Golite customer service rep and just wanted to pass on the specs he provided:

Packed weight per the website is 54oz.

Fly weight per rep is 417 grams (14.7oz)

Nest weight per rep is 525 (18.4oz)

So I assume the weight of poles is ~21oz.

Hopefully I didn't screw up the math or I'll feel like a real horse's bootie! Looks like a nice way to share the load for a three person tent.

Their posted weight for the footprint is 7oz but I'll probably opt for polycryo or something else.

The rep confirmed that the seams are taped.

http://www.golite.com/Imogene-UL3-P47001.aspx

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

My sister bought one. Really likes it but hasn't used it yet. Plans to use it for her, her husband and their dog. She said the Golite sales person said it was designed by the same guy who did some of the Big Agnes tents.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

I would think you could shed almost another 8 oz with carbon fiber poles.

Michael K
    BPL Member

@chinookhead

At 3 pounds 1 oz. this is a ridiculously light 3 person double wall tent. The only thing that scares me about it is that it has a 10D nylon fly (the tub is 20D). I would have gladly taken a 2-3 oz. weight gain penalty for a 20D tarp. This is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger right away.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools