Topic

UK web source for iso-butane canisters

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning UK web source for iso-butane canisters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I have a long distance walk planned this May in the UK. Does anyone know of a UK retailer who would take an order for canisters and ship surface to a UK (hotel) address?

Thanks.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I could be wrong but would need to buy them local as they cannot be shipped even by surface

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Stephen
    That might explain why the UK vendors I have looked at on line, e.g. Hike Lite UK, ship canister stoves but not canisters.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

They probably need to do an over-the-counter transaction so that they know that you are not some bloody terrorist.

–B.G.–

Stuart R
    BPL Member

@scunnered

Locale: Scotland

Prohibited goods (http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Tell-me-about-Prohibited-Goods):

" Gases that are compressed, liquefied or dissolved under pressure, permanent gases which cannot be liquefied at ambient temperatures, liquefied gases which become liquid under pressure at ambient temperatures, dissolved gases which are dissolved under pressure in a solvent.

1. All flammable compressed gases are prohibited e.g. blowlamps; butane; lighters and refills containing flammable liquid or gas; ethane; gas cylinders for camping stoves; hydrogen; methane and propane.

2. All toxic compressed gases are prohibited e.g. chlorine; fluorine etc.

3. All non-flammable compressed gases are prohibited e.g. air bags; scuba tanks, carbon dioxide; fire extinguishers; neon and nitrogen."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools