Topic

REI Dividend Coming

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REI Dividend Coming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

I checked online and I got a $309.44 dividend this year. I plan to buy a new GPS for trail running (Garmin Forerunner 310XT) and a Bear Vault BV450 as soon as the 20% off coupon comes out.

What did you guys get and what are you using it for?

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

Weighing my options because I also received a coupon for $20 off my next purchase of $50 or more starting today.

FYI, 20% off coupon will start on the 22nd.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I got 97.15$ probaly it towards snow shoes.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

If you're nice to the cashier, you might be able to use your 20% coupon early. I just did.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Do they post out the coupon?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Yes, but if you flirt with Rei associates…

$49.

Got a Tilley hat. Let the dorkiness begin.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Too many temptations but I think I have it narrowed down (in order of priority) to two synmat ul 7s, BD carbon corks, and a pair of MSR Lightning Ascents.

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

I'll be using mine to get my first pair of trail runners.

Richard Cullip
    BPL Member

@richardcullip

Locale: San Diego County

I just checked my REI dividend. Guess I don't buy much from REI. My dividend is $26.03. Don't think it will go very far.

Casey Jones
    BPL Member

@cjsbug

Thanks for the reminder. Looks like i've got about $70 to spend. Time to start thinking about a sleeping pad (so i don't have to keep borrowing). Seems with their return policy, REI is a good place to make that purchase.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

How do you all get such high dividend amounts? What are you buying? I have an REI credit card, and probably bought more there last year than I have in a while, and my dividend is $36. I'll probably replace the Sunday Afternoons hat I seem to have misplaced…

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

My account is showing an amount but the website indicates that they are still processing the dividend checks. I was expecting more than what I'm seeing but who knows. Maybe just the synmat ul then.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Over half of mine was my wife getting new boots and sleeping bag.

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

I use my REI Visa card on lots of stuff including a few pairs of trail running shoes per year, airfare, car rentals, motel stays, daily expenses around home, and so on. I pay it off each month though. That in addition to my bike and backpacking stuff. I also buy gifts for family at REI using the REI Visa.

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com

"My account is showing an amount but the website indicates that they are still processing the dividend checks. I was expecting more than what I'm seeing but who knows. Maybe just the synmat ul then."

Same here…I hope I'm getting more since I know that I spent some cash on that store.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

I use a US Bank credit card thru REI. Does Tim EE) take the dividend? :)
    Duane

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Remember guys, that the dividend reflects ONLY full priced purchases. Sales, coupons, etc. don't count towards your dividend.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I have been an REI member for 36 years. Some years, I spend a little cash there. Some years, I spend a lot there. Why is it that the little years are the ones with a high dividend rate, like greater than 10%, and the big years when I've spent $500-$1000, the dividend rate is low?

–B.G.–

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Tim at EE could certainly take the dividend. Just request cash or check from REI. You don't have to spend it there. (Of course, they want you to though, which is why I think they time the dividend release with the 20% off sale.)

https://www.rei.com/membership/dividend

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

There were a couple this year and I capitalized on them. That would certainly explain the low amount.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

If you have the REI Visa, sales and coupon buys DO count towards your dividend, just at a different rate.

If I told you how much we got this year (came in the mail today) you'd all hate me. We run quite a bit on it/pay off every month. Then every year the husband I fight for who gets it. Last year I got a Double BOB jogger stroller…..so yeah, it can pay off well.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Are the coupons available right now? Can I walk in and ask to use one?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Justin, sort of. It may be up to that store manager's discretion whether or not to honor it early.

I did it today, but it's no guarantee.

Bean
    BPL Member

@stupendous-2

Locale: California

I got $150.48, I didn't think I spent anywhere near that much last year. I'll probably put that towards Z-Pole Trekking Poles for the girlfriend… so she'll stop playing around adjusting the height of her poles.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools