Topic

evernew water carry

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) evernew water carry

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Patrick O’Neil
    Spectator

@human

Hello, I got an evernew water carry with a sawyer squeeze. I notice on the packaging for the water carry that evernew states "Do not store liquids in the water carry. Use fresh water every time." I don't get it, doesn't this defeat the purpose of a "water carry"?

I'm just wondering if this warning is there because the product is not durable or maybe has bpa or something in it. Anyone have durability problems with theirs while sitting in a pack all day?

A follow up question, has anyone been able to hook up the evenew hydration tube to a sawyer squeeze?

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Christopher Kuzak

@kc

Probably wrong here, but I had a buddy that filled up his platy with Gatorade and energy/vitamin powdered water on a trip. Afterwards, he just stored it in his closet until it was time to pull it out again. Well, he ended up throwing that Platy away–it looked like a mold growing experiment. So, maybe it has something to do with that rather than some weakness or chemical in the container. Evernew is just acknowledging it a little vaguely.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

I agree with Christopher's interpretation. No long term storage of any liquid that could provide growth media for microorganisms.

Patrick O’Neil
    Spectator

@human

Wow, never thought someone would actually stuff it in a closet with liquid in it. I get it now, the way I read it seemed to suggest they were saying only use at streams when you collect water, a duh moment for me . . .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools