Topic

Free Gear!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Free Gear!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

So I gotta post it here in the GEAR column, right?!

Anyway,community at BPL has been good to me over the years and this is an opportunity to say thanks. Some of you may know I founded End2End Trail Supply back in 2007. Well, I finally decided it wasn't worth slogging through a tough economy anymore, so we closed on 3/14/2003. As a thank you I would like to give away some new gear in a contest on Monday, 3/18/2003. I will post here 10PM Monday night(EST), and the contest is going to be fast! I will be giving away three prizes: (1) A Gram Weenie PRO stove package w/ fuel bottle, windscreen, and Evernew Titanium mug, (2) an original Gram Weenie w/ fuel bottle, windscreen, and RARE/discontinued 8cm (10ounce) aluminum mug, and finally (3) a Stanco Grease pot w/ cozy and Vargo pot grabber. I'll be picking up the shipping too, so it's totally free!

See you then and good luck!

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

Neat! What kind of contest?

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

You're a good man!

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

Sorry to hear that you have closed up shop George, but hopefully it is for the best… and maybe now you can just focus on getting out and hiking! :)

Anyway, I have one of your Gram Weenie Pro stoves, and a 10 cm IMUSA pot I got from you a few years back. The stove is a great little stove, as well, it was a pleasure doing business with you. Anyway, I'm glad that I got one of your stoves before they are all gone…

Happy trails…

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

It's better to be a purveyor of "spiritual" gear. Life will be better for it.

I like the looks of your "Hot Tent" and proto wood stove. Good times to be had!

I wish you well on your journey :-) Thank you for your designs and inspiration.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

George, I wish you lots of good things, as you head out into your next chapter. Just know that what you've done has been quite respected. Good luck, have some fun, and know that your efforts have been well honored.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

I appreciate the kind words fellas.

@Max
    – it will be a contest so ridiculously stupid, and yet fair, that has absolutely nothing to do with backpacking, except the prize :).

@Dan
    – your so right about spiritual gear. I put on the armor every day (pay attention kids, that might be important).

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Tonight at 10 PM I'll be giving away some gear as promised.The title of the thread will be "E2E Giveaway Contest". Here's how it will work:

I have three prizes to give away, so I will ask three different questions, one at a time. I'll ask the first and after that winner I'll ask the second and so forth.

1) I will ask each question in the body of the thread. Your answer MUST be posted in the post title only. Answers in the body of the post will not count. I know you will have to put characters in the body to get the post work, but again the answer must be in the title.

2) One guess per poster per question. You can win multiple items.

3) You'll be able to quickly tell if there is a winner b/c I will post a picture of the prize in the BODY of the text, along with the next question.

Here's what's at stake:
    Original Gram Weenie package, w/ fuel bottle, windscreen and 8cm Imusa mug Original Gram Weenie w/ windscreen, fuel bottle, and Imusa 8cm mug

Gram Weenie PRO w/ windscreen, fuel bottle, and Evernew TI Mug
    Gram Weenie PRO w/ windscreen, fuel bottle, and Evernew Ti mug

Greasepot, cosy, Vargo potlifter combo
    Greasepot, cosy, Vargo potlifter combo

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com

Nice! I'll look for the thread later tonight :)

Brandon Guy
    BPL Member

@brucky

Locale: Central Cal

Did I win? Did I win? Oh wait, wrong forum.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Now that's funny (guess you had to be there ;) ). Wrong post, too!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools