Topic

Alchy stove for 12oz Heinie Mini Keg?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Alchy stove for 12oz Heinie Mini Keg?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Anyone have success w/ alcohol boiling 12oz in the above can? If so, what stove?

Thanks all!

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com

This is from my last winter trip. I just had to keep the alcohol in my pocket to warm the liquid a bit.

The stove I used is a knock-off of the MBD Elite. Instructions can be found on the video below:

YouTube video

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Cool pic! Is your can 12 or 24oz?

Thanks

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

A modified starlyte burner will work well. Use 1/2" hardware cloth to form a pot support. Experiment with pot support height for max efficiency.

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com

"Cool pic! Is your can 12 or 24oz?"

It's the 24 oz. one. However, the stove in use should work with the 12 oz. as well.

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

I have Dan's StarLyte stove and the mini keg and, with a suluk 46 windscreen it's my lightest setup. That said, I prefer my MSR (heavier) kettle. The flat bottom cans – like Dan's Foster's – get faster burn times, or so it seems to me. If I am doing something wrong, someone let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools