Topic

I discovered Moontrail.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals I discovered Moontrail.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Seems like I'm late to this party, but I finally found an exped downmat UL in size small…for $50 less than list (and far cheaper than anywhere else I found). They also have the synmats at a huge discount as well, seems like all sizes.

Turns out these folks have a ton of harder to find merchandise from some great companies…and lots of smartwool stuff for more than half off.

Here is the home page…
    http://www.moontrail.com/home.php

Never used them before but I've found great reviews online.

David Ure

@familyguy

I have used them several times. Great to deal with.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I loved that they take lots of photos of there tents.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Ive ordered a few things from them.
    Their web format is the best out there for shopping for items, no flash BS popup crap, simple, organized, and lets you see differnt items compared next to each other.
    Also shipping is faster to much of the country, since they are in San Antonio.

But they usually charge full price for items. You do get "points" for free stuff which gives you the discount on the brands which dont get discounted.

Ive always felt that part of the reason they have items in stock, is they do charge more than the deep discounters, so they dont sell out as fast.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Except I just bought a $229 pad for 179…all the exped stuff is way cheaper than anything I've seen on the discount places. They also have a bunch of arcteryx and smart wool at about 50% off right now.

Love the tent photos with people standing next to them (what a concept!!!)

So while some of the stuff seems full price, much of what I was looking at was quite discounted

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

The Exped UL down mat is very nice indeed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools