Topic

Skiing The Last Best Lookout

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Skiing The Last Best Lookout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Casey Greene

@caseygreene

Locale: upper rattlesnake

Was up in the Bitterroots last weekend for an overnight with some new video equipment. Got the results here:
    http://greenecasey.blogspot.com/2013/03/skiing-last-best-lookout.html

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Pretty sure that's my all-time favorite trip video. Nice work.

Will you post a description of your ski equipment?

Thanks.

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Really nice camerawork and editing. (And whoever was skiing looked great!)

Casey Greene

@caseygreene

Locale: upper rattlesnake

Thanks so much guys. Ya, thats Mickey skiing. He's a bit rusty now as he just got back from guiding on a river in patagonia, but he's still way better then myself.

I was skiing 165cm Rossigol BC 125s with Garmont Excursions and Voile 3pin/no cable. Eventhough it's fairly light, I'm going to change that next year to a lighter weight AT setup. Probably starting out with some LaSportiva boots like Dave Chenault has. As for Mickey he's got an older AT setup you can see in one of the opening shots. Not sure of the skis (they're heavy), but hes got on a 4-buckle Garmont boot. Nicole setup was brand new. She got some k2s, not sure the model, with a 4-buckle Dynafit boot attached to what I think are some Dynafit Radical ST bindings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools