Topic

Pertex Quantum question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pertex Quantum question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I am looking at picking up a quilt in Pertex Quantum. I sleep under a Zpacks Hexamid, so I have to deal with occasional overspray during heavy storms. Is the Pertex Quantum sufficiently water resistant to forego the need for a bivy?

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

Yes

Mike R

@redpoint

Locale: British Columbia

Yup … it's not bad. You can always give it the occasional spray-down with a DWR restorer.

It's gorgeous stuff. It's getting to the point where all my exotic sleeping bags look more appealing than my bed's down duvet.

Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

I have a arc ghost from nanutak with pertex quantum(.8) I personally would not bring it if i thought it was going to get "spayed" in my expiernce it does not do a good job repelling water. maybe the people above know something I dont.

I would use a fabric like epic in that situation. I have a FF bag made with event that I love and would work really well for your situation. Unfortunately they do not offer that fabric in their bags any more. I tried to buy another recently.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools