Topic

Summer in the Rockies

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Summer in the Rockies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Allen Butts
    BPL Member

@butts0989

Locale: Northern Rockies

Hey guys this is my list for this summer. Ill be working for Outward Bound up in Leadville for the summer and we will have some time off to do some quick over night hikes. This is my list for those outings. This list does have some creature comforts in it, reason being I'm trying to show some people and guides at Outward Bound how you can comfortably go lighter and still be safe.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApRqVaUJdZmddEdjUVEwWkdrcE5IZzR3QVBIdGJPMnc#gid=0

daniel B
    Spectator

@dbogey

Locale: East Coast

Cannot see the sheet

Allen Butts
    BPL Member

@butts0989

sorry bout that, its public now

Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Couple of areas I see you can reduce weight

Rain cover. This weighs 1/4 of the weight of your pack and water can stiil leak in through pack straps. I use a trash compactor bad inside of my pack which weighs 40g.

Phone charger only bring if you have a place to chage obviously on short overnight you dont need it

Flip flops – do you need them? And for a light weight alternative you can take a blue foam pad, trace out the shape of your foot and a strap, then duck tape the strap. I think mine were under 2 oz for the pair. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=46709

Water Capacity. You look like you have a lot. Do you need it all or could you leave 1 or 2 containers behind?

Other that that your the only thing that looks heavy is that you have almost 2 lbs of misc stuff. Looking through it it all looks usefull but it ends up being about 20% of your basweight.

Allen Butts
    BPL Member

@butts0989

Thanks for then good advice Greg, those are all great ideas!

craig johnston
    BPL Member

@highlife

Locale: New England

Just made a ZRest Sol into Sandals very very comfortable , Thanks …CDT here I come … WHOOP !!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools