Topic

Hiking by San Antonio?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Hiking by San Antonio?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

I'm taking a business trip to San Antonio in mid-May and wondered if anyone knew of good hiking close by? I'll have my wife with me so no overnights–just day hiking. Thanks.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I think your best bets would be Lost Maples State Park and Enchanted Rock. My family did the rock without me and enjoyed it.

If your wife is along you might consider doing the river walk in San Antonio as an evening activity. Apparently its the place to go if you visit there. I never did it but my dad used to take my mom on dates there.

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

If you can drive an hour and some change Pedernales Falls State Park is a good place. The drive itself would offer a nice tour of the hill country, along with a hike making for a pretty pleasant day. And in mid-May the area (usually) isn't scorching hot yet!

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Q Smith
    BPL Member

@neotechktc-com-2-2

Locale: Texas Hill Country

Natural ridge caverns is close, cool, and unique.

I live in Fredericksburg. Enchanted rock is very unique and the wife will love main street Fredericksburg. Trust me.

Lost maples is best in the fall. On the drive to the park you will not think you are in Texas.

Government canyon is close and a good taste of the hill country.

Q Smith
    BPL Member

@neotechktc-com-2-2

Locale: Texas Hill Country

Been in San Antonio 57 years and never saw more snakes in may than in any other month…

Pedernales state park has been hit harder by the drought than the other parks.

We've had good rain in enchanted rock area.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools