Topic

Important news for Cap 4 fans

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Important news for Cap 4 fans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sean Passanisi
    BPL Member

@passanis

For Fall 2013, Patagonia is producing a Cap 4 EW One-Piece Suite, a.k.a. a onesie.

Gram counters note that this thing will weigh in at 363 g, 13 g less than the separate cap 4 hoody and bottoms. Yes, it's less flexible but I expect to be wearing this thing around my house pretty much permanently. Unclear whether there is an opening for the buttocks.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

The question of the backside opening has always put me off one piece bad layer, it will be interesting to see how this goes.

Vince Contreras
    BPL Member

@pillowthread

Locale: like, in my head???

…let there be attached footies. I, too, will live one of these if there's integrated slipper socks…

Sean Passanisi
    BPL Member

@passanis

Sorry, looks like the onesie is ankle-length. :(

Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

I can't imagine how cold it would have to be for me to want to be covered from head to toe in cap 4.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

If they made a red one in R2 with a matching balaclava, you could change your trail name to Elmo ;)

Elmo

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

Just find your favorite wool socks and sew them to the ankles of the onesie.

Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

i have a couple of patagonia fleeces that are bibs and onesies. they have all have fairly functional drop-seat arrangements and double slider front zippers.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

for a few grams I'd rather have two pieces that can be added or subtracted as needed- I've worn the top a bunch of times that I wouldn't have wanted the bottoms

for house lounging on the other hand……. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools