Topic

Can yall crafty people help me find a pack thread?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Can yall crafty people help me find a pack thread?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Fish

@dylanthropist

Locale: Moon

Hey fellow adventurers, I was on here a few weeks ago and came across a posting of a beautiful (yellow?) cuben fiber pack that had a (yellow?) Dyneema piece on the center for support/compression. It really inspired me to start thinking up designs for my future MYOG adventures. The fellow "myog'er" who made the pack got into detail about how he sewed the dyneema piece inside out, and even posted pictures to help people visualize how he did it. I have gone back pages and pages, but just cant seem to find it.

Im hoping someone remembers that sweet pack/informative thread, and maybe has it in their post history? I just became a member or else I would have commented on it. I should have thought to bookmark it though:/

Thankss:)

Dylan Fish

@dylanthropist

Sold to a friend.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

What is sold to a friend?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Ha, Anna, I was wondering the same thing.

Also, to the OP, you can't delete a thread yourself. You could maybe ask the mods to do it for you.

James Klein
    BPL Member

@jnklein21

Locale: Southeast
    Dylan Fish

@dylanthropist

Now Im just making things confusing, I was meaning to post that in the ^ thread above:/

Anyway, Does nobody remembers that pack?

Dylan Fish

@dylanthropist

Sold to a friend = WrongThread//

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Yeah it was one of the first packs Chris Zimmer built, before he started zimmerbuilt. Look through his post history, it should be one of his first few posts.

EDIT: here you go:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=41789&disable_pagination=1

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Note the second post in that thread. There's a little UL hiking gear history there :)

"Okay, I have a question. When are you going to start taking orders?

Your packs are really sweet. Congrats.

And I'm serious about the taking orders thing. ;-)"

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

Strange thread.

(Keeping it alive!)

Dylan Fish

@dylanthropist

Wow, Thanks Konrad! I knew someone on here would know the one I was trying to find and its just as beautiful as I remember:)

ps. I have been reading the forums on here for a few months now and I always enjoy what your have to say in each thread.

Thanks again, Fish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools