Topic

Sony RX100 users. Battery Life

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Sony RX100 users. Battery Life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yes 1000
    Spectator

@mamamia

Just got a new RX100,the battery is tiny-winy and I'm wondering how long does it last. Thinking before investing a second set of battery.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

I just got a RX100. I haven't taken on a trek, but have used it a fair bit. Took it to a concert fully charged recently, and took 504 photos all without flash. Battery meter was still showing full.

If you're going to take it on trail, a second battery seems prudent. You can get generic ones for pretty cheap.

Yes 1000
    Spectator

@mamamia

thanks just got couple of spares from Amazon, can't believe they are so cheap. Also not sure if I will punch my face later for cheaping out not using a SOny battery in a $700 camera.

Aaron Reichow

@areichow

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Worst case, they hold less juice or don't last as long. If that's the case, buy Sony batteries next time. :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools