Topic

Variable time

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Variable time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I am reading at the moment a book called "The Velocity of Honey" by Jay Ingram
    It has to do with "weird physics" or how and why certain everyday events occur.
    For example it explains why the buttered side of the toast lands on the carpet (hint :it is the top side that lands face down…) or why crumpled paper takes more room than folded one.
    One that has been in my mind for some time is how I (and now I know others…) have an "elastic" concept of time.
    For example the first time I do a particular walk it appears to take longer than the next few times.
    I also found out that pigeons can sort of "count"…
    Talk about bird brain.
    Anyway have you experienced the "first time takes longer" part ?

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hmm. I think it's the opposite for me more often than not. First time it's exciting, everything is new, it's anticipation and revelation. Next time it's more like routine, so it's less interesting, seems longer. Longer still if it's the back of an out and back. (I hate out and backs.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools