Topic

Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I am looking for Pink and Purple 1.1 DWR or any lightwieght pink and purple fabric to make quilts out of. I have scoured the internet and can seem to find it. I have found Purple in 1.1 DWR but never Pink.

I have managed to find 1.9 oz and might just use that, anyone know the finished wieght of 1.9oz?

If someone knows where to source some from let me know.

Nancy Twilley

@goodcaver2

Locale: STL

I've never seen purple and pink in 1.1 DWR or non-coated either — although you can find both in 1.3 oz. silnylon, so it must exist! I have, however, seen both colors in 1.9 oz weight at Hancock fabrics. Had a purple hammock for a while out of 1.9. I believe the finished fabric weight on that is 2.2 oz per square yard.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

therainshed.com?

call them up, owfinc.com, seattlefabrics.com, questoutfitters.com, rockywood.com, or extremtextil.de

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I was just in Seattle Fabrics today (live 5 minutes away… Convenient/dangerous for my wallet) and they did not have any pink ripstop.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I gotta go check out Seattle Fabrics some day. I go up there occasionally but don't get to downtown for a few hours. Traffic is so horrible.

Greg F
    BPL Member

@gregf

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I had looked at rainshed and they came the closest with 1.4 oz in purple and 1.8 oz in pink. Looks like that might be the best I can do.

Its funny that it is relatively easy to find 1.4 pink and purple sil but not the uncoated.

Greg Wheelwright
    Spectator

@gdw

You can find calendered 1.1oz purple fabric on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Purple-Calendered-Ripstop-Nylon-Fabric-WR-/400181254025?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item5d2ca95789
    The seller is reliable and aware of the DIY outdoor market, they offered shipping discounts to members of Hammock Forums in the past. You can send them an email to see whether they have pink fabric available.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools