Topic

Convertible Pants

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Convertible Pants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dave Pritz
    Spectator

@dpritz

Does anyone know of a brand of nylon convertible pants that don't have cargo pockets? It seems like they all have them.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

The Patagonia's seem not to have the pair of cargo pockets that bulge out, only a recessed one that lies flat. (Looking at the current GI iii but similar on my old Rock Guides, GI ii's, etc..)

Eric Graves
    BPL Member

@elgraves

Locale: Middle of TN

REI has some that are called "Endeavor Convertible Pants". By the looks of them the pockets on the shorts are flat. Might want to check them out.

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

Kuhl convertibles have varying degrees of pockets, but not typical 'cargo' pockets per say. I just picked up the Liberators and love them – can't wait to try them on the trail. Their newer version, Raptr, I think, has different pocket setups as well. Good materials.

Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

I see some w/o cargo pockets on the Columbia website.

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Ex Officio has (or used to have) convertible pants w/o cargo pockets.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

I will second the Kuhl Liberators. Absolutely love them after removing the abundance of scratchy cornered tags. Good assortment of pockets but not really your traditional cargo pockets. Definitely good and well thought out use of different materials.

KJ

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Outdoor Research Equinox pants. Not too baggy, no cargo pockets, accurate sizing, just good light nylon (Suuplex) pants with zip off legs. They do have ankle zips and cuff drawstrings, a feature I really like. I don't know why they aren't a hiking standard.

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

I recently removed the cargo pockets from an old pair of REI Sierra convertibles without damaging them. The stitch holes don't show in spite of ten years of wear and tear. I won't hesitate to do the same when I finally replace them with a new pair.

Dave Pritz
    Spectator

@dpritz

Holy crap I never thought of removing the pockets! Awesome

Jared Baker
    BPL Member

@simply_light

Locale: Midwest, US

Campmor has their own line which has a pair of convertibles without cargo pockets.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___73574#

Reasonably priced as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools