Topic

VBL liners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) VBL liners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Henry Thomas
    BPL Member

@hthomas

With the use of VBL socks for winter camping, what have people found to be an effective liner sock. Mine were soaked inside the VBL sock , but the wool sock was dry. Wet liner socks for the next day! Suggestion for quick drying and drying techniques for liner socks?

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

I've used breadbags successfully. In between a liner sock and a heavier sock, a breadbag isn't prone to abrasion. But recently I just went ahead and bought a set of neoprene socks. I have not tested them yet.

A light nylon liner sock should dry quickly just from body heat – stick in your coat while moving, or in your sleeping bag at night. I just use men's nylon dress socks for my liners.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

+1 to breadbags or produce bags.

When you get into your bag at night, take the bags off, but not the socks. Any thin synthetic liner sock will be dry by morning.

Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

and dry your feet if you can. the more you can limit your feet's exposure to the damp socks (moisture)the better off you feet will be. i lay damp things like damp socks on my torso inside my sleeping bag to dry out while i sleep. the downside is that it adds to the moisture going into (hopefully throught) the bag every night.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Richard makes a good point. Dry feet are happy. However, I personally find that if my liner socks are thin enough, both they and my feet dry out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools