Topic

2-person pyramid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2-person pyramid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

I've read many of the threads about pyramids. I'm looking to get a cuben pyramid that two could use and enjoy. I'd like to be able to use it too for just myself.

Some have commented that the MLD Duomid seems tight for two. The Speedmid could work but, not being cuben, would be heavy for just me once I add an inner.

Oware makes a cuben 8x8x5.

Bearpaw makes a Luna 2 and 4. Would the Luna 2 be large enough for 2 people?

Any other thoughts?

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

You might be able to find a GoLite SL3. Also take a look at the Locus Gear Khufu.

http://locusgear.com
    Jacob's HikeItLikeIt Review

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Hyperlight Mountain Gear apparently have a mid in the works.

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

Oware might be your best bet. I think a DuoMid would be tight for two, especially once you add in room for wet shoes, packs, etc. Some people make it work though. A cuben Trailstar would be kind of a mid.

Jason, is this the HMG mid you are talking about? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=56843

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

John – Might be. I can't remember where I heard it now – sorry to be so vague.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools