Topic

Another Borah Gear Stealth first impression

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Another Borah Gear Stealth first impression

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I just got my pack today.

I got mine in Dyneema X but opted for the Large torso. I had John make a few modifications to it that have apparently become a new model! I had a few inches added to the mesh pocket, opted for a drawcord closure instead of roll top, and had tool loops added so I can strap loppers to the pack. Here's the page detailing it.

I also purchased two hipbelt pockets. I clipped off the sternum strap (don't like them) and the total weight comes to 16.15 oz. I may trim some straps up later but overall its a pretty nice weight savings over my 21.5 oz ULA Conduit. And more capacity to boot!

Here are the things I've noticed right off the bat:
    The internal pad straps are very minimal, just two simple elastic straps that hold the top corners in place. They fit my TR Prolite Plus well.
    I'm glad I got the drawcord closure, I never took a liking to the roll top on my Conduit. Rolling it seemed to take up a lot of volume and it still seemed to not seal as well as promised.
    The hipbelt pockets are much smaller than the Conduit but about the same size as my OMM Classic 32L. They're identical so on one the zipper pull is in front and the other the pull is in the back.
    One side of the hipbelt buckle is anchored and one has the adjustment. This is my first pack that's set up this way and I think I'm going to prefer it. One less strap dangling around in the breeze.
    I wasn't expecting the velcro loops at the top when I requested the tool loops. A very pleasant surprise, I really like them on my Conduit!
    I haven't used a pack with load lifters in a while, I guess we'll see if I can figure out to make the best use of them.

Overall I'm very happy with how the pack looks so far. I'm excited to load it up this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get some good shots of it!

Adam

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools