Topic

Help me plan a Spring Break trip!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Help me plan a Spring Break trip!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Clint Lum

@clintlum91

Howdy,

A couple of buddies and I are planning on doing the Zion traverse over spring break (starting March 10th). The average lows are 36 and highs are 63. As we have started to plan a bit more we have been wondering about snow. The temperatures do not bother us but we do not have much experience hiking in the snow at all and would like to avoid it if possible. So until we here back from the park rangers we are going to try and plan something else as a back-up.

Some info: we are more or less experienced (depending on who we are compared with) and there is one of us who has never gone before. We are all athletic and would have no problem doing 10-15 miles a day (I am assuming for the one who has never been) Also we are equipped for sleeping down to the high twenties at the coldest (30 degree quilts plus other layers).

Lastly, we would like to keep it with a 20 hour drive from us, which limits the area to the southern part of the states excluding So Cal and western AZ.

Looking for a fun scenic adventure with solitude. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools