Topic

Bunyanvelo.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring Bunyanvelo.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Has this blipped your radar yet? No? Here you go.

Check it out. It's worth your time.

http://bunyanvelo.com/

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Good stuff Eugene.

I don't ride too much anymore, save for going to the grocery store or running errands around town. My daughter loves MTBing, so I do get out on short rides with her in local canyons.

But nothing serious.

This is the first thing I've seen in a while that makes me want to get back onto the bike…

I've got a decent road bike as well as a hardtail from my XC days long ago. I haven't touched either one in a long time. Somehow I just I prefer riding my Nishiki beater MTB these days.

What I really crave one bike that can do it all. I'm strongly considering trying to sell both of them to build a geared, rigid 29er (probably a karate monkey also), but setting it up so it would be equally at home commuting 20 miles one way to work, riding mellow singletrack/dirt, and touring.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing…So much to digest on that site.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Thanks Eugene – great stuff. We have a similar publication just about to come out here in NZ http://www.inspiring-riding.co.nz/.

My Surly Ogre has arrived and I am already planning my first bikepacking over nighter. I hadn't ridden off road for about 18 years, but on my first ride it was all instantly familiar. Once I let some air out of the tires (bike shop had them up to the max)the Ogre was great fun to ride.

I got myself a revelate harness on sale and am going to strap a dry bag to the seat post. I am then going to use my GG Gorilla with the frame out, and some compression cord to make it a bit smaller, and I will be good to go for short trips. I also managed to get some top of the line bike shorts at a heavy discount and even on my short rides they have been most appreciated.

Casey Greene

@caseygreene

Locale: upper rattlesnake

Good stuff all around. As far as I'm concerned the more bike travel publications, the better.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

You have probably seen it already but I really like this blog about his biking all over the world,and here .I see that he(Cass Gilbert) is a contributor to the the publication Bunyanvelo.com which doesn't surprise me,thanks for the link.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools