Topic

Golite Quilt Stuff Sack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Quilt Stuff Sack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sean Fletcher

@risen19

So I was packing my backpack today and realized that I had quite a bit of room left. Previously, I stuffed my Golite 20 Degree Sleeping quilt into the stuff sack it came with, but I don't need it compressed that much and it's really a pain to stuff it that small every time.

Anybody out there with the Golite quilt who uses a different stuff sack? Anybody with any suggestions for quilt stuff sacks?

Thanks

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil is lightweight and easily available. Other companies like MLD make cuben fiber ones for absolute weight savings.

I don't know how long a conversation there is to be had on stuff sacks. They're just stuff sacks. And no, BPL, that's not a challenge!

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

I have some with eVent bottoms that let air escape while you're compressing, but remain waterproof. The rest of the material is silnylon.

Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

"I don't know how long a conversation there is to be had on stuff sacks."

Newbie… ;-)

The kids and I rarely stuffed out GoLite quilts is stuff sacks, prefering just to stick them in our packs first and place our other gear on top of it, letting it compress as it needs.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I don't like to stuff mine that way either, if I can help it.

I use a compactor bag as my pack liner and stuff my quilt and puffy jacket & pants in it, twist, then pile the other gear on top of it.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I use a roll top stuff sack that's waterproof and lets me go with whatever volume I like. With a roll top sack, it's big enough to quickly get your quilt in there yet small when you're done. Any fixed volume sack that is small tends to also be a pain to get it in there – or at least less efficient.

IThere's no need for a breathable bottom – just give it one or two loose folds so air can hiss out, squish it down to whatever volume you want and then roll it the rest of the way. Zpacks makes the best one (medium or medium plus).
    http://zpacks.com/accessories/dry_bags.shtml

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools