Topic

Dyneema X and XPAC color availability?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Dyneema X and XPAC color availability?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Green Thumb

@greenthumb

I can't seem to find any of these two fabrics in colors other than black, red, blue, green, and grey. Is anyone aware of other options? I see pictures of packs with colors other than these 5. Where do I get my hands on this stuff? Or am I just S.O.L.?

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

Any color in particular that you are interested in?

Green Thumb

@greenthumb

I'm interested in shades of green, orange, yellow, and white. I do like the blues and reds. I emailed DP, but no response. Thru-Hiker does have green and blue Dyneema X. I'd be willing to buy a large amount if I could even get manufacturers to respond to my emails.

Do you have a line on Xpac or Dyneema? I have ordered a bunch of samples of various type and weight fabrics to see if I can find other materials in wider varieties of colors suitable for packs.

Michael Duke

@mpd1690

The light grey (white basically) takes a dye fairly well. I have successfully died tx07 a good amount of times. It has a tendency to pull out the secondary color in the dye, so you have to cancel that out sometimes.

The minimum at dimension polyant is 50 yards. I can give you the contact email if you want. PM if you want it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools