Topic

Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Big SEKI Loop (as an alternative to the JMT)

Viewing 3 posts - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

I just posted my Post – Trip of my Big (medium) SEKI Loop of 135 miles over 10 days.  Amy’s advice is 100% spot on and I had a most wonderful time.  As for solitude, the first 3 days we encountered about 4-5 people, once on the JMT we encountered about 175 people over 4 days, and for the remaining days on Colby Creek we encountered exactly 1 person. Simply outstanding. Thank you.

Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

We have rewritten and improved this Route Guide and published it on DoingMiles.com. We’re no longer able to edit the original post here and we wanted to improve the content. The new and improved guide:  Big SEKI Loop Route Guide

We really appreciate all the input and ideas people gave us in the comments here and we tried to incorporate the information into the new report.

Amy and James

Pablo 2000
    BPL Member

@pablo2000

Hey there,

Looking forward to tackling this in August, permit starts @ Roads End clockwise. My question is does anyone have any beta on the conditions, I know several bridges are out and the flow is high with quite a bit of snow on the passes. However did you feel the need for microspikes, where you post-holing over the passes, mosquitoes @ elevation ect… I’ll be resupplying in Independence via Kearsarge pass & Onion Valley, I know the campground is closed due to flooding has anyone been up that way? Should there still be enough traffic to hitch into town on a Wednesday?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you may be able to offer. Gonna climb Fin Dome, and planning a couple side trips since I have a permit from the 1-18th.

Viewing 3 posts - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools