Topic

April Hikes (West Coast or NE)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning April Hikes (West Coast or NE)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Max B

@mxbenson

Locale: PNW

It looks like I might have time for a week to two week long solo trip (maybe longer) in April and was wondering if there were any sugestions from the group. I'm in the PNW so most of the trails I can think of are still covered in snow at that time and while snow shoeing is fun a solid week or two of it is more than I'm up for.

Ideal locations are somewhere in the Northwest in general, or possibly the NE as I've got some connections out there too.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Coast of Olympic Peninsula? It's about 35 miles from Shi Shi to Rialto Beach which is all wilderness but maybe not long enough for you.

Or Lost Coast in Northern California – same problem, not really a 2 week hike

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

Its not exactly the Northeast but how about a hike in Virginia? Should be nice weather there. Maybe cold at night but doable. You could do a section of the AT. I don't think the AT through PA is that exiting and if you went farther north into places like the White Mountains I'd worry about snow.

Its a completely different area but if you have 2 weeks why not go to the Southwest?

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

35 miles from Shi Shi to Rialto Beach which is all wilderness

Could double back, take go in for a rest day at the camp near the Ozette Ranger Station, etc.. on the Olympic coast. We got away and had a pretty interesting time checking out the tide pools too. Your pace will be further dictated by headlands and tide tables. There were a few easy ropes to scale.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools