Topic

SE USA SS2 Owners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) SE USA SS2 Owners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    K P
    BPL Member

@schado6

For those in SE that have used the SS2 would like feedback. Condensation issues? I don't mind wiping a tarp in am but if drips into gear/me, would like to know up front. Any that have prior exp with free standing dual walls vice going to a SS2 would very much appreciate feedback. I'm seeing this as huge leap of faith/trust based on all i have read here (and thank you ALL!!!)

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

The SS2 is as good as any double wall tent with condensation. It's fully a double wall design so you're protected from contacting the condensation, and it's got twin vents up top to reduce the condensation that does occur.

In terms of setup, it's not as easy as regular free standing tent, but it's either than a typical tarp. It set ups pretty easily unless you're on snow or sand and lacking the proper stakes/equipment. It only gets tricky if you're on really undulating ground.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools