Topic

Nemo Meta 1p $147 at REI

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Nemo Meta 1p $147 at REI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Agreed. I have this Tent available for shorter trips where I am willing to take the weight penalty over my SpinnTwin. Works well for Tall people as well with it's 100" length as long as you guy out the ends. Cavernous vestibule and side entry. Excellent product for those looking for a lightweight (not UL) shelter.

Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

Compared to my current 6 lb tent or 2 lb tarp, this is UL for me :)

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Locale: Denver-ish

Thanks, guys! I'm trying to decide between the Meta and the GoLite Shangri La 1. Now I can pitch both and see which I like better.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Feel free to PM me Kevin if you have any trouble getting a solid pitch with your Meta 1p. I think the biggest advantage of the Meta would be the side entrance and enormous vestibule.

M H
    BPL Member

@mthirsch

Locale: Caribbean

Are there any features that make this a better choice than the SMD Skyscape Scout in the same price range, and lighter? I am considering both now that this is on sale. Thanks.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

These are just observations based on online information because I have not ever owned a Skyscape. The biggest differences appear to be

1] They both are about 100" long inside but the Nemo is a rectangular shape inside whereas the Skyscape tapers at one end

2] The Nemo has an enormous vestibule whereas the Skyscape outer fly is a similar shape to the inner and therefore much less useable space to store your gear.

3] The Skyscape would appear to be more stable with the dual trekking pole design.

4] The Skyscape has the poles inside of the living space whereas the Nemo has the single pole outside your space.

Nemo is quite similar to SMD Lunar Solo though heavier. Bottom line, I think both Tents are very nice. Perhaps you could by both and test them out in your backyard and return one.

M H
    BPL Member

@mthirsch

Locale: Caribbean

Thanks a lot. You really captured the differences that were not immediately apparent for someone new to hybrid tents, or whatever you call them. One other advantage to the Nemo I suppose is it comes seam sealed. I can't pull off trying both, unfortunately!

Marcus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools