Topic

Exped Schnozzel is also a pack liner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Exped Schnozzel is also a pack liner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

The schnozzel has 45L capacity which functions very well as a waterproof pack liner. And you don't need a pack cover for rain protection if you can fit most all of your contents inside your pack liner.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Yeah the Schnozzle is brilliant.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

It makes a very comfy pillow also.

Jim Milstein
    Spectator

@jimsubzero

Locale: New Uraniborg CO

Suppose it's storming when you make camp. Now all that stuff you want to keep dry has to come out when you inflate your mattress. Maybe that's ok, maybe not. There is something to be said for a dedicated pack liner.

I've tried to use the Schnozzle Bag as a pillow, but the roll closure always gets crazy contorted no matter how many times I roll it. All the same, I like the Exped Synmat UL 7 with the Schnozzle Bag a lot. I sleep warm and comfortably and don't pass out inflating it.

Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

If for some reason the inside of my Snozzle got damp I would dry it with a pack cloth or a buff or something similar.
    If it got ripped I would patch it there and then with Tenacious tape.

Even if it was slightly damp I would not worry much about it as there is often plenty of water vapour in the air.

I did a leak test on the Snozzle recently and its completely water tight except for the pump connection.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Am I being dumb, it's OK. GO ahead and tell me."

I can't. I don't like being negative….

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"But if the schnoozle gets wet, isn't there a chance of transmitting the moisture to the pad. Oh, are we talking about using the schnoozle with a downpad, right?"

Since the water is not going to go through the bag, just ensure you're storing your stuff inside the bag, the part that would also hold the air, so that doesn't get wet. The nozzle part is protected by snapping it into its mate when you're not using it.

"Also worried about a puncture which would prevent inflating the pad. Would that mean taking 2 schnoozles?"

As Stephen already said, just put some tape on the puncture and you're good to go, but I'd think the chance of a puncture is pretty low unless you're not paying attention when you pack.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools