Topic

los padres NF gene marshall/piedra blanca trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips los padres NF gene marshall/piedra blanca trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    kevin smith

@divr6347

hi erik

trip is still on so come on out i have to work out some details but the plan will be to meet at the gene marshall piedra blanca trail head at camp shiedeck saturday
    morning im going to try to shoot for 9-30 to 10 ish am once i have a tenative final head count of everyone attending i will post up the meeting time and directions for anyone needing them

kevin

kevin smith

@divr6347

little over a week left

im going to go pick up adventure passes this weekend so if anyone needs any please post up and i can pick them up for you these are required in the lp national forrest

however i do not know how heavily they are enforced anyway better to have them just in case

should be a good trip

kevin

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Kevin,
    can we get a head count.

kevin smith

@divr6347

7 days left guys and im trying to get a tentative head count

please chime in if you are even remotely interrested in going on this trip

we are currently looking at a plan b option if this trip has no interrest

so far the trip is a go but if we decide to go with plan b i will make that decision and announcement later this week

let me know yea or naa if you think you will make it out

thanks guys

kevin

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I'll be there with my son. Not sure what time I'll hit the trail so I'll just hike in solo and plan on meeting you guys at Bear camp.

Adan can't make it.
    I might be bringing another friend and his son, but he hasn't committed (I think it's unlikely).

If you guys have a plan B and want to do something else, go for it, don't worry about me. I'll likely head up the Sespe or backpack somewhere else with my son either way.

kevin smith

@divr6347

not trying to abort the trip

just wanted to see if anyone was still on board for it

i am bringing my 8 yr old son with me so that will work out good

trip is still a go as of this point

kevin

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I have to bail on this.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

I'm tied up that weekend, but that looks like a super trip in an area that I'd like to hit. I hope you'll post a TR.

HJ
    Adventures in Stoving

Matthew mcgurk
    BPL Member

@phatpacker

Locale: Central coast California

Highly suggest just camping at heartbreak seems to me like a better camp.then pine moutain lodge. Although you may want to check out condor trail page on Facebook to check current water conditions

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Who all is going on this?

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Looks like I'm out. My weekend is looking like it will be filled with domestic duties and a training run or two closer to home instead. Bummer. Hope you guys have fun if you still go.

Lets work on planning a fun loop out this way for next winter. Jan/Feb in Los Padres is my favorite time out there. Plenty of water, cool temps, no snakes or ticks, few people… life is good…

kevin smith

@divr6347

so far

the head count will be at 5 if craig and his son are still planning on heading out
    there

have not heard from erik d yet as to if he will be in for saturday night

the plan will be to meet at the trail head at camp shiedeck around 9-30-10 am saturday morning and hike to beartrap camp for saturday night

if you are going to be later than 10 am which is fine we may just meet you at beartrap (about 5 miles in from trailhead

to get to trailhead take hwy 33 to lockwood walley road and turn left if heading south right if heading north follow lockwood valley road easterly for aproximatly 3.5 miles to the sign for camp sheideck and make a right follow the shgort road to the trailhead

hope everyone is still planning to attend should be a nice time out there might be a tad warm but it is what it is

see ya saturday

kevin

kevin smith

@divr6347

i am saddened to say that the trip has fallen apart at the last minute

due to a number of different circumstances i will have to postpone this hike until a later date

maybe a late fall early winter trip might work better we will see

kevin

dave e
    BPL Member

@hipass

Locale: Los Angeles

i might just go goof off at reyes peak this weekend after taking a dunk in the pond in malibu!

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools