Topic

EB FIRST ASCENT DOWNLIGHT JACKETS ALL COLORS AND SIZES $79

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals EB FIRST ASCENT DOWNLIGHT JACKETS ALL COLORS AND SIZES $79

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

great deals and lots of inventory today.

ANYONE have a free shipping code? that would make this deal much sweeter.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

i went to look at your link b/c i am addicted to down jackets, and i could only find the jackets in the clearance area. there were no downlights listed among the rest of the jackets. does this mean eddie is phasing them out? :(

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

i doubt it. probably going to tweek it a bit for next year. they removed the hooded dl about a week ago too.

Dan D
    BPL Member

@txbdan

Locale: Boston, MA

I want a Microtherm Hoody, but i'm not sure how i'd use it. My only other (non belay parka) down piece is a Marmot Zeus that is too hot for anything, but not hooded or warm enough for "belay" use.

Is the microtherm light enough to actually use with a backpack while moving? What about under a shell if its windy/wet snowing while moving?

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

i would say yes for lower temps (30's). its very thin without much loft and the best part is that it has stretch panels on the armpits that go around to the back, which would be great at keeping sweaty areas dry and not compromising the down. i tried this on under my Houdini and instantly smiled big as its a bomber combination and the Houdini seals up the bottom and hood better. this is much more of a cold weather active layer than a zeus (basecamp warmth down to the 20's). its an athletic cut, but still roomy. i am 6'0 175 and would wear a medium if i was using it as an active layer over a thin baselayer, or a large if it was going over a r1 or something heavier for in-camp warmth. if you are thin, i would size down.

stacey kurtz
    BPL Member

@sbkurtz

I bought this last year and used it on the volcanoes in Equador and on Rainier. Let me tell you, dont be fooled by its small size. Even up at altitude, the Micro-therm is very warm. I actually started sweating and had to take it off, I think I only had a wicking shirt and my R1 under it. I truly love mine but you almost cant wear anything underneath it and Im someone who gets cold very easily

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Locale: Denver-ish

I used a microtherm hoodie summiting a 14er weekend before last. With a shell, it was perfect for fairly quick movement over steep and rough terrain. When I stopped, I got pretty cold.

It was 13F when we started and 30F when we finished. The wind at the top was about 50mph.

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Locale: Denver-ish

I deleted the email, but I think there's one for free shipping over $99. If it comes again tomorrow, I'll post it.

Aiyana .

@aiyana

Just ordered a womens Downlight with hood, and a Microtherm sweater from Eddie Bauer. Clearance section. Very limited supply remaining, but maybe they have you size still.

Free shipping code is posted on the website: SEAPLANE

Good luck.

Craig Kowalski

@killerkowalski

They are even lower at $60-$70 at my local EB.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools