Topic

Gossamer Gear LT4 Locking Problems?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gossamer Gear LT4 Locking Problems?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

While doing a pre-hike gear-check I discovered why my LT4s where suddenly giving me locking problems. In 4 years of use and abuse they have been solid and reliable. But then – Yat-te-Hey?

ExpanderThreads

Check out those threads. The one on the left is how I found it. The one on the right has been cleaned.

The threads were filled with expander detritus, generated over the years of loosen/tighten.

And now they are back to normal.

Oh – as long as you are in there, swab out the upper.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Greg,
    If these poles are so great, why in the world don't they ever seem to have them for sale? Just wonderin'

Maggie Harlan
    BPL Member

@maggiemaeflower

Locale: Ohio

I spoke to someone at GG a couple of weeks ago. The company that makes the locking mechanism discontinued that part. After searching, GG just decided to start making their own so they wouldn't have this problem again. Last time I spoke to them they said they had the mold and the poles should be available mid February. I hope this helps. I'm looking to get a set myself.

Eric Johnson
    BPL Member

@unimog

Locale: Utah

I asked last week and they are saying beginning of March…

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

"Oh – as long as you are in there, swab out the upper."

the upper section of the pole? the upper rubber expander? Curious to know which part you meant and reasoning. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools