Topic

Case for Canon S110…suggestions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Case for Canon S110…suggestions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

Anybody BPL'ers with a Canon S95/S100/S110 or equivalent have suggestions for a case with quick access, secure flap, that can be easily attached to backpack?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Cheers

Renais A
    BPL Member

@renais

I use the Mystery Ranch Flip Top Box. It is very well padded, easy to attach to any kind of belt, has a secure closure with fast release. http://www.mysteryranch.com/adventure/pack-accessories/flip-top-box

David Ure

@familyguy

Consider one of Granite Gear's small pack pockets. Decently padded and quite light.

I have one of the MR flip boxes but use it for tools around the house. It is much too heavy and overbuilt for backpacking. Maybe ammo, however.

Bryan Hansel

@bryanhansel

Locale: Great Lakes

Case Logic makes a padded case that weighs 1.1 ounces, has a zippered main pocket and a small zipper pocket that can hold a couple of batteries and an extra card or two. It has a belt loop and comes with a mini biner. $10 at Best Buy. I've used it on my S95 at it's about perfect.

For watersports, Pelican case 1020 fits the camera perfectly.

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Thanks for your suggestions. I wanted to avoid zippers, since I needed access with mitts and gloves. The Mystery Ranch was interesting..a bit large, and the snap would be a bit difficult with mitts.

The LowePro Dublin 20 is a good snug fit, belt loop on back, and with Velcro closure…easy to handle with mitts/gloves.

LowePro Dublin 20

Mark Cashmere
    BPL Member

@tinkrtoy

Locale: NEOH

I saw your post earlier today and wanted to be sure the model so I checked it when I got home — ended up going with a Tamrac 5686 myself for my S95 and it fits great with similar concerns that you had – hated the zipper variety pouches and wanted a good attachment system. I wasn't a fan of the neoprene type case either because I fumbled getting the camera out of the stretched fabric, but hopefully it works for you. The Tamrac is just another option for anyone else running across this thread. Good luck with your new case!

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Lowepro cases are not cheap, but they tend to be very well designed. The Lowepro selection is pretty vast, and there is one model for about any type of camera imaginable.

–B.G.–

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

This may be too far outside of what you're looking for, but I've been enjoying the use of a Zpacks shoulder pouch lately. It holds a camera and a few other things nicely for a very reasonable price and a very light weight.

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

@Bob, $13 for LowePro Dublin 20 at local store.

@Mark
    , your Tamarac 5686 looks similar, similar $$$, but not stretchy as you point out. I had not seen the Tamarac, but probably would have went for that instead.

FWIW, the LowePro has a spare SD card pocket.

Cheers

Megan P
    BPL Member

@meganpetruccelli

Locale: San Francisco

Hey. I have the LowePro Rezo 10 and I LOVE it. They don't make it anymore but you can find them on amazon and ebay for cheap. It's pretty rugged for such a little case, Velcro which is great for gloves and easy access. Plus there's a small pocket for an extra card.

Added Bonus the connection strap on the back is Velcro too for easy on and off so you can put in anywhere you want quickly and easily.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools