Topic

Gear Test Results last night in -5ºF

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Gear Test Results last night in -5ºF

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

The Tyvek sheet makes a difference. I don't know how much of a difference, but if it goes negative again I'll risk hypothermia for you guys and find out!

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I just got the Manzella Cascade gloves in the mail. The thumb DOES fold down! Which was an unexpected feature. This makes them an awesome value at $22.

They are too thick to be used as liners in an overmitt unless that overmitt was just a shell, without insulation. Also, the XL size I bought is slightly too big. When they restock the Size L, I'll give these to my father as a gift.

The Thermarest NeoAir X-Therm came as well, and it's a little noisier than my all-season, but you'd wake the dead before you'd wake me from something like crinkling.

I also swapped out the MH 32º bag for a 45º bag, because I'm a masochist.

Looking forward to using this gear on Mount Moosilauke in new Hampshire this weekend. I will bring back my results and tell you guys how it went!

Here's my new gearlist:

Gear List

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools