Topic

Breathable Bivvy – Alpine Conditions and Down Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Breathable Bivvy – Alpine Conditions and Down Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

I have used a lot of different bivvies and in those conditions, my all eVent Integral Designs Overbag has worked the best. Sadly, it is also no longer made. EVent is true a miracle fabric In a bivy.

Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Hi,
    have a look at Locus Gear from Japan for Tyvek Bivy and I think
    Mr. Jotaro (the owner) is designing and testing new bivy made from
    super breathable eVent fabric he uses to make his shelters.
    Cheers!

Mike R

@redpoint

Locale: British Columbia

I have a Black Diamond [Bibler] Hooped Bivy. It's pretty minimalist and very breathable. It comes in a variety of options. The fabric has a funny, fuzzy interior coating which helps transfer moisture. I've spent a lot of time in pouring rain with this bivy too – doesn't leak at all. It's pretty roomy, which is a good thing for a claustrophobe like me. I tend to use bivys only when a route doesn't have room for a tent or I need to go really light. Anyway, the BD bivys are worth a look. Coincidentally, you mentioned using your bivy in snow caves, I'll be using mine tonight in a snow cave!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools