Topic

OUTDOOR RETAILER WINTER 2013: Acteryx Cerium LT and AR down jacket PREVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) OUTDOOR RETAILER WINTER 2013: Acteryx Cerium LT and AR down jacket PREVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trill Daddy
    BPL Member

@persianpunisher

I tore some cartilage in my wrists after falling on the ice during the first day of OR Winter 2013, and needless to say, I was only able to get one video interview.

IMO, this year was not as impressive as the year prior- as EVERYONE was just touting their iteration of "dry down"- with the notable exception of Patagonia…..

In the meantime, I spoke with an old friend, Brandon Carlile, about Arcteryx's new line of down jackets: the Cerium LT and AR.

Having tried on these jackets (and owning several down puffys)- these are worth the hype.

– Composite construction uses Coreloft (synthetic) in areas that are most exposed to moisture (face, shoulders, forearms- and on the AR, the entire hood)
    – SUPER light, while still very durable and functional
    – Pack into themselves with an "removable" built-in stuff sack
    – Articulated arms are legit

Cerium LT jacket ($299)- 240 grams
    Cerium LT hoody ($350)- 278 grams
    Cerium AR jacket ($265)- 345 grams
    Cerium AR Hoody ($285)- 380 grams

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIQNoPpzjKg&feature=youtu.be

Thoughts?

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

The hoods look nice.

I'm not really buying the composite (down + synthetic) design though.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Me neither on the mixing of down and synthetics, the coreloft will be long dead before the down will be.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

if you can afford dead birdies … youll just buy the latest and greatest $$$$ toy once that happens ;)

69 smackaroos, PL1, 800 fill down, 350g … MEC

just saying =P

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensClothing/InsulatedOuterwear/PRD~5024-382/mec-dual-degree-jacket-mens.jsp

Michael Gillenwater
    BPL Member

@mwgillenwater

Locale: Seattle area

$285 for a 650 fill down jacket?

The LT does look cool. but, why bother with the synthetic. just put patches of a more water resistant or proof type fabric (eg., Event) on those more moisture exposed areas instead, if you are looking to make a super premium jacket? Cuffs, shoulders, forearms, and top half of hood. as long as most of the jacket is regular nylon, it would still breath fine I would think.

take care of that wrist.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools