Topic

Mooroon Bells Co. all those I invited

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Mooroon Bells Co. all those I invited

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

This is to help me keep track off everyone I invited to go to Mooroon Bells Co.

If I called you or pm'd/emailed you plese send me a pm so I can make a complete list of people who want to go, also remember this is a first come first serve basis.

If you know you can't make it let me know so someone else can have a spot.

This is open to 6 people total maybe 8 (if we can swing the dynamics of that big of a group) that I've contacted and the date is for Aug 2nd- 11th.

We may fly into Denver and drive from there to the trail head. I'm still looking into transportation.

Tickets to fly into Aspen are around $450.00 R.T. from LAX. If we do Denver it's almost half that price.

Here's to another great trip guys.

Jack

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Thanks for the invite Jack. I'd better pass if you are flying in, although I could drive there in a day and a half, but would want to be back to work on a Monday, which would mean leaving early Sunday the 10th to get back to W Nevada.
    Duane

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

@ Duane Driving is still possible, the hike will actualy start on that Sat. and will only go until Tues. Or Wed. at the latest, I just said 2nd through the 11th incase some of us wanted to try and catch a 14 teen'r after that, or just hang out in Aspen for a few days since most of us have never been there, the invite is still open.

Jack

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Jack,

I'm interested, but it will be awhile before I could commit – such is my life. So if the slots fill up before then I understand!

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

K Jack, I'll send an IM. Still a little tentative, I'll ask my manager if I can squeeze in a couple days where another lady here at work likes to take off.
    Aspen? Can I play a bum there, I'm not much to look at after being out and being old with a beard.:) If you get your six before I know more, that's the way it is.
    Duane

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

That would be great Doug,

I may have to increase the group size and make it another GGG. LOL
    I really don't mind more people going, it's just when you get too large of a group they tend to get spread out and it's hard to find camp spots for the whole group, we will see.

@Duane
    it would be great if you can make it, and finaly meet you.

Jack

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Jack, I certainly appreciate the invite, but I expect to be somewhere between Yellowstone and Glacier during those dates. If I can be of any help with your pre-trip planning, let me know. I think I already mentioned a good driving loop to catch the greatest scenery in the Aspen area. And don't forget to do a hot soak at Glenwood Springs after the stinky hike.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Manager said I can take the time off. Have to wait until June to put in officially. I can visit my brother and my sis-in-law then I guess, they live in Jct. This will let me get my feet wet in another state, good deal.
    Duane

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

"I may have to increase the group size and make it another GGG."

I wouldn't mind a piloted Cali GGG here in Colorado.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

So far the list is as follows,

Me
    Duane Hall
    Marc Eldridge
    Rick Eldridge
    Still room for 2 more, maybe more, will see how it goes.

The plan is to fly into Denver (the tickets are cheaper) then rent a van or 2 cars, drive to the trail head, hike for 4-5 days then return to the van/cars, drive to a motel to spend the night and clean up, then the next few days we can just use the van/cars to go do some exploring in Aspen or other parts of Co.

That's all I have so far guys.

Jack

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Thanks Jack.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

You guys might as well get a 14er in while you're here. When you get out, head over Independence Pass and up to Leadville. Cheaper than Aspen. Have a well earned steak dinner at Quincy's (http://quincystavern.com). Get up early and head south to your choice of 14ers.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Randy,
    Would care to join us and be an offical tour guide? I have lots of questions.
    Jack

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

Thanks for the offer Jack. Sounds like a great trip. But I'm using my time of for some week long trips on the CT this year. But I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. I'll send you a pm.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Hey everybody,

It looks like I may have to cancel the Co. trip in Aug, I'll know for sure by the end of next week.

I hope this doesn't cause any problems with the people that had to ask for time off, this really bumbs me out, this will be the first out of state trip I've had to cancel, not that I've had that many, but I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Some of the other guys may still be interested, if you still want to go I'll contact them and you guys can go from there, or feel free to post on here.

Again I'm really sorry, but I thought I'd let people know as soon as possible that way they can make changes, or go back to work, uuuggghhh!

Thanks, Jack

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Sorry to hear you might not make it Jack. I can't request time off for the second half of the year until June sometime, so I'm fine for now. I can still do this, but someone who knows the area or whatever, needs to take over. I'll see about plan B in the meantime.
    Duane

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

Hikes are all nice and everything but you know what is most important. Let me know if I can help out.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools