Topic

sleeping bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    brandon hippler

@brandonhippler

Does anyone know of a sleeping bag that weighs less then 1 pound and doesnt cost over 100 dollars?

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

http://www.bobwards.com/products2.cfm?id=74855&attr2=8372&attr1=140393&color_pic=ASH%20GRAY&dept=CAMPING%20GEAR&typ=SLEEPING%20BAGS&subtyp_1=WARM%20WEATHER%20BAGS

A LaFuma Extreme 600 regular length. 1 lb 4 oz. (could remove hood pull cord, etc. and probably get to a pound. $65 right now. I used a long version for from Pearisburg, VA to Mt. Katahdin, ME and still have it. Cheap and plenty for a summer bag.

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA
    Sean Staplin
    BPL Member

@mtnrat

Locale: Southern Cdn Rockies

It did not sell. Maybe it will be re listed. I have one of the black ones and for me it is a true 30 degree bag and I have taken it to the low twenties with bade layer and down sweater. I also use it like quilt in warmer weather. Mine weighs 21 oz it is a great bag. Left zip 6 footer.

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

REI travel Sack $59, but it is 27 ounces. A liner might fit that criteria though.

A Mountain Hardwear Phantom 45 is 17 ounces, but I doubt you can find one for anywhere near $100 unless it is used.

Joshua B
    BPL Member

@leukos

Locale: Indy

SOL Escape bivy. Pretty light, pretty cheap. With clothing, I've been comfortable to 50.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

< 1 lb and doesn't cost over 100 dollars? That doesn't exist for a real sleeping bag. I think the real question is what temperature range are you looking to be comfortable in? If it's above 60 then you can get away with the SOL Escape bivy. Maybe into the 50's but that's doubtful if you don't have insulation layers on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools