Topic

ASolo Ultralight

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ASolo Ultralight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Johnson
    BPL Member

@unimog

Locale: Utah

Any reason I don't see any reviews of the ASolo Ultralight packs here (50 or 55 liter)? They are not really "ultra" light, bet look to be pretty good and I am a fan of their other mountaineering products.

Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Locale: Midwest

Hmm…Interesting. Looks alot like the Lowe Alpine designs.

They don't list different torso sizes…I wonder if it uses a similar adjustable system as the Lowe.

Asolo gear is out of Canada and seems to be a franchise of the Italian shoe people…???

For the price, and the weight (2.02#) it seems like a decent deal for sure…as long as it fits!

-Mark in St. Louis

Jared Baker
    BPL Member

@simply_light

Locale: Midwest, US

I got the Asolo 40 last year at a huge discount, so I could not pass it up. It is pretty nice. It is a good compromise between lightweight and durability.

You can drop a couple of ounces with all the extra pull tabs and the internal frame bars (which are removable) and the shock cord expansion if that is not your style.

I would have liked to have seen at least one pocket for a water bottle on the outside, but that is just personal preference.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

We sell the Copter 40. ANd a coupla of smaller packs.

Their Sleeping bags arent terrible but for 'us' there are better.

IMO Asolo makes nice boots ;)

Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools