Topic

bag temperature guidance for TX/OK/AR region

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion bag temperature guidance for TX/OK/AR region

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Ray
    Spectator

@thaddeussmith

Most of my backpacking will be in these three states for the foreseeable future, so just trying to get some guidance on bag ratings that I should consider. Pretty much decided on an EE quilt, but not sure if I should go for 20, 30, or 40 degrees based on this region. Any advice?

Michael Ray
    Spectator

@thaddeussmith

I'm a human radiator when I sleep, and I will probably be matching this up with an Exped synmat ul 7

Jason Torres
    BPL Member

@burytherails

Locale: Texas

I am from TX and regularly camp, climb, and hike in the areas you listed. The 30 will be sufficient. I give off a ton of heat as well. Ive slept in my 30 down to about 15 in cap 2 pant, cap 2 long sleeve, fleece 1/4 zip, and fleece hat. you shouldn't need more than a closed cell pad.

Nathan R
    BPL Member

@nathanr

Locale: TX

I've got the EE quilt rated to 20 and I got cold recently at Grasslands at about 25 to 30 degrees. It's easier to vent the quilt when it's 50 degrees than to get warmer when it's 20.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools