Topic

New Granite Gear packs coming in March

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Granite Gear packs coming in March

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Got a tip from the Granite Gear customer service about some new packs coming in March. The video is kinda hidden on GG's youtube page.

Leopard VC 46- 2lbs 12 ounces
    Leopard AC 58- 3lbs 1 ounce

YouTube video

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

They look great. I love that stretch-woven material and the packs look very intuitive. Having the compression strap pass under the stretch pocket is intuitive.

Jonas Bodenäs
    BPL Member

@greenjuice

Locale: Göteborg

Ah, thanks for the link! :-) I've been checking at their website to see those new backpacks. I wonder if it'll be only those packs? Are there more to come?

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Jonas, I dunno about any more packs, but they do have a new suspension system. An inflatable back panel from Klymit.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Thanks for posting the link!

Last year I wanted to buy the Crown VC60 but just didn't fit that pack. It only came in two torso lengths which neither one worked for me. The video says that the Leopard VC46 comes in three torso lengths so I'm hoping Granite gear has rectified the torso fit issue I had with the Crown VC60.

I like that the lid can be removed (don't like lids) and really like that it has a zipper pocket!

Sounds like I might be in for a new pack this year (for when I exceed the weight that my Burn will comfortably handle).

diego dean
    BPL Member

@cfionthefly

If its the same stretch material as on my Ac 60, its very nice stuff. Im always amazed at how much gear I can stuff into the mesh and its durability has been very good.

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

I would stay away from the Vapor Current suspension. I spent an entire summer trying to make it work, but honestly, it's not worth it. It's simply inadequate, even with lighter loads.

It's too bad too, because I really wanted to like the Crown.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

One thing that I dont like about these is the the bottom of the pack is fatter than the rest. Then when you fill the stretchy side pockets with stuff (water = heavy) it gets even bigger and heavier down there. The best place to carry weight is towards the center of the pack. Some people have complained about how they carry a load, and this might be a factor.

Some packs are even smaller at the very bottom, like this one below, notice the taper at the bottom. I think this allows the pack to feel more balanced and agile.

taper pack
    fdf

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools