Topic

Snow Peak Titanium Bowl

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Snow Peak Titanium Bowl

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Wondering if anybody has tried using the Snowpeak Titanium bowl for an extremely light kitchen setup. The bowl is 1.6 oz and has a 20 oz capacity. A foil lid would add about .1oz or so for a 1.7 oz total weight. One advantage of this bowl is the wide bottom for efficiency, compared to cups like the SP600 or other small cups that loose fuel efficiency due to the narrow bottom.

The problem with this bowl of course is the lack of a pot handle. Perhaps a wire bail could be added for minimum weight.

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

Daniel— I own very similar bowl shaped Snowpeak titanium pots that come with twin side bails that work very well: 560ml/18.9fl.oz./64gm./2.3oz. POT
    750ml/25.4fl.oz./74gm./2.6oz. POT
    62gm./2.2oz. FRYPAN/LID
    model STW-001T / Mountain Gear Product Code 410216 $34.95

I tossed the lid and made a 10gm/.35oz lid out of .0095″ aluminum flashing from the hardware store.
    Add a BPL Wing Stove 30gm, Esbit fuel tablet 14gm, mini Bic lighter 11gm, foil windscreen 11gm, plastic spork 1gm, 2 snack zip-locs 4gm, (which all fit inside the pot) and I have a 5.3oz complete cook kit. I used this with great success on a 12 day/208 mile unsupported hike across the high sierra last summer.

Now however, thanks to Dr.J’s suggestion, I have increased my pot volume to 730ml while dropping the weight with lid to 24gm/.85oz and the cost to $2.39; plus I get to drink 750ml/25.4floz of Foster’s Lager before I cut the top off the can and fold the edge over to prevent lip cuts. My lids are now made from .0035″ aluminum disposable cookie sheet material. The only disadvantages of this design are: no bail (use gloves, socks etc. to hold pot (remember: try to avoid carrying items that have only one use)) and fragility (carry in a protected area of pack, carry in a larger rigid hollow item(?),or stuff with food,socks etc.).

Cheers Al

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools