Topic

Portable USB Battery charger recommendations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Portable USB Battery charger recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi folks,

Looking to buy a USB battery charger and looking for recommendations.
    It would be to charging USB devices.

Cheers,

Stephen

Ken Strayer

@therambler

IMO the easiest, most hassle free, and lightest way is to buy a battery pack. I personally like and prefer New Trent battery packs. Buy the size that you need, and your good to go. I personally have the 9900mah battery pack, that is one of the larger models, but fits me needs so i eat the weight penalty. I use the battery pack to recharge my iphone, my headlamp, and gps if its along. They make anywhere from 1800mah-15000mah packs i believe.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Thanks very much Ken, the 7000mh one would do me perfectly.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

I have a Solar Focus charger that works well when paired with Lithium AA batteries. It comes with rechargeable batteries but I prefer to use lithium non-rechargeables. Nice to be able to replace the batteries.

The charger weighs 2.5 oz (which includes two lithium AA batteries). It comes with a USB plugin piece that is a universal clamp for charging small camera batteries (which works very well). You can also get a solar panel that works with this but that doesn't interest me.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Electronics/BatteriesChargers/ChargersAdapters/PRD~5021-644/solarfocus-solar-battery-bank.jsp

Edited to correct the weight of the charger.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Thanks very much Mike.

Just ordered an Anker 5600mh unit.

Thanks all for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools