Topic

Dankine VestPack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Dankine VestPack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Everett Vinzant
    BPL Member

@wn7ant

Locale: CDT

http://gizmodo.com/5978669/skip-the-backpack-with-this-toasty-gear+toting-vest?post=56621062

Here's a link to an article. The idea is make a vest that has a backpack and lots of zippered compartments. I'd like to know stats like capacity. I'm just thinking, this seems like something that would REALLY help with backpacking light.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

Someone did a great review back in November or December on a backpack that had half the weight in the front and half in the back. The obvious critiques of not being able to see your feet and not being able to sneak around boulders proved to be less of an issue than the user anticipated, and the pack got high marks.

Wish I could remember what it was… but the concept here is alive and well!

I wear a camera bag strapped to the front of my pack, it puts about 4lbs total out front (with 10-15 behind) and I love it.

Loki Cuthbert
    BPL Member

@lokbot

Locale: Portland, OR

I would hate to be in a situation where I couldn't take off an insulating layer because that layer was my backpack. Would you have to size up on all of your jackets to be able to layer over it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools