Topic

Liquid feed JetBoil

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Liquid feed JetBoil

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle

Here are some pictures of my modified liquid feed remote canister JetBoil stove. It appears to work well although I have not field tested it yet, I have run it with the canister at -20C. I hope to test it in near freezing temperatures in two weeks. All of the parts were made with a metal lathe although it could be possible to do the modification with some purchased parts and some basic tools. If anyone wants information on how I modified my JB please contact me on my PM.

Tony

JetBoils stove 1
    JetBoil 2
    JetBoil 3

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Somehow this one snuck up on me. Heat exchanger like the jetboil, with remote canister support and pre-heat tube in the flame area. I think this will be my winter stove. The optional 1.7L pot and a custom lid should bring the weight down from the standard 17oz.
    Available at REI, so no risk.
    Primus EtaPower, $110.
    Primus EtaPower

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Hi Brett,

The Primus EtaPower EF Integrated Cooking System was reviewed by Will Rietveld at the (Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2006) it is an excellent stove but heavy (830g) and like most good outdoor gear it could take years to come to Australia and will be very expensive. The JetBoil was available in the US two years before it was for sale here. It would save a lot of work to buy the Primus than modifiy a JB.

Tony

Jon Rhoderick
    BPL Member

@hotrhoddudeguy

Locale: New England

Is the jetboil's modification removable so that you can have it be a regular jetboil in the summer?

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Hi Jonathan,

I am able to return the JB to std configuration, I will be using it in std setup for NZ next week as I will be cooking for three.

I have since improved the liquid feed setup by using a flexible fuel line.
    Here is a picture of my JB working at -7.5C (18.5F)

JB stove at -7.5C

Jon Rhoderick
    BPL Member

@hotrhoddudeguy

Locale: New England

so how exactly did you get it built. I recently looked at mine and I realized I needed a tiny bit more room at the bottom, is that what the ring thing at the bottom is?

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

Homemade this stove, which is also inverted.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ae3NFd53-l8

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

Ssimg_2309

JETBOILには、ガスストーブを必ず使う。なんてこと、誰が決めたのですか?熱効率が良いJETBOILと簡単な仕組みで使える固体燃料。

その両者のコラボレーションが、これ!点火からおよそ6分間過ぎると沸騰します.袋入りのラーメンを二つに割り入れます。徐々に、火力が下がっていきます。

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools