Topic

Family Bike Tour

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Family Bike Tour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James DeGraaf
    BPL Member

@jdegraaf

Locale: Bay Area

Hi Guys,
    My family has completed our first bicycle tour. Come check out our video and give us feedback please.
    Thank you,
    James

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Very nice, James, I like it! I like these creative urban trips, just shows what you can do close to home.

Who makes your panniers?

James DeGraaf
    BPL Member

@jdegraaf

Hi David,
    The panniers are made by Ortlieb. I think the company is based in Germany but they are sold here. You can find them at REI among other places. I purchased mine, however, from http://www.thetouringstore.com great customer service, lots of options for mixing and matching sets together to meet your needs/wants and priced better than at REI.

Take care and maybe we'll see you out there on the road sometime.
    Peace,
    James

Kevin Caron
    BPL Member

@asterias

Locale: quebec

Very nice trip.!!My wife fall in love with your children!they are so cute

Andrew Clark
    BPL Member

@datsclark

Locale: San Francisco

Did you leave the camera at the top?!

Seriously — great video. I like to see local things where you can get away leaving right from the house. Too often we drive for hours to start a trip!

Tjaard Breeuwer
    BPL Member

@tjaard

Locale: Minnesota, USA

Very nice movie!
    Hope your kids loved it. Mine do! My daughter is already asking to go bikepacking again this coming summer.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Great video!

My wife and I used to bike tour a lot, but then the kids came along. We imagined popping them in a trailer and heading off to the sunset. A few day trips when they were 3 and 1 and we gave up- for way too long. Now they're 10 and 12 and we want to do some trips. Trying to figure out an appropriate route. Hopefully this summer. Trying to figure out something near the Central California coast but without heavy traffic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools